Physician Coaching Services
Leadership for Every Physician
Your Physician Coaching and Training Resource
Why Coaching for Physicians?
Most physicians become leaders thanks to their expertise and skills as physicians. Often, they are liked and trusted by colleagues as well Unfortunately, they may have little experience and even less training in leadership, management, and administration. Often they have little training in necessary communication, consensus building, group envisioning, and managerial problem-solving skills. They are often good at communicating in nonleadership or committee work, but unready for the more complex situations acting as leaders, such as:
To meet all the needs of today's physician executive, we offer a coaching system that integrates qualitative and quantitative assessment with customized coaching and training. We call this system Executive Coaching PLUS
- Dealing with low morale or competing factions and friction
- Delegating work
- Shaping a group vision
- Handling the increased workload, increased stresses
- Leading and facilitating meetings with conflicting opinions
- Managing colleagues who act inappropriately
- Balancing competing interests
- Working with different personality types and diversity
Group Leadership Skills such as how to:
Skills for Dealing with People One on One such as how to:
- Build consensus and reach agreements in an amicable and effective manner
- Deal with conflict and make it constructive
- Facilitate productive meetings and determine with a group how decisions are made, by whom, and when
- Develop a vision that gets group buy-in and support
Personal Skills such as how to:
- Deal with difficult people and situations, minimizing confusion, anxiety and stress
- Solve problems creatively with others for new solutions that are positive, inclusive, and practical
- Develop effective long-term workplace relationships
- Engage others in the organization
- Develop and use an "emotional emergency toolkit"
Handle the added stress of executive duties
How It Works--Summary of the Executive Coaching PLUS Process
- Initial meeting: Seeing if this is a good match and everyone understands and is committed to discovery and change as needed. Basic agreements are established with the organization (if they are the ones hiring) and the physician client.
Assessments: Defining the problem with 360 feedback assessment forms and one-on-one confidential interviews with colleagues and staff members
- Coaching sessions: First session establishes ground rules, defines initial goals, and is a chance for the physician client to fully express his or her concerns, needs, and expectations. After that, individual, customized coaching sessions are weekly or biweekly for 60 minutes over a 3 to 4 month period in most cases. Sessions include discussions, questions, training, role play, and other creative activities to make sure the client gains new insight and can begin to practice new behaviors and processes, and receive feedback about results.
- Customized training: In leadership, communication and problem-solving as needed during the weekly coaching sessions.
- Between session practice: No coaching or training will have lasting impact unless the client gets a chance to test out, practice, and implement new ways to act and succeed.
- Reports: Confidentiality is essential to an honest and forthright coaching process. At the same time, if an organization is hiring us to coach one of its physicians, then a progress report (that doesn't divulge specific conversations or opinions) is necessary and provided to determine success and next steps as needed.
Followup: 360 evaluation and wrap up coaching, generally 90 days after the conclusion of coaching.
Sample Skills Learned through Executive Coaching Plus
Physicians have had extraordinary amount of training but not in the areas of communication, work relationships, teamwork and interpersonal dynamics.
In fact, sometimes the medical and surgical training has modeled the very opposite kinds of relationships that are needed in today’s health care environment where physicians are still leaders, but in a more cooperative, team environment.
As a result of lack of training, very high stress environments, busy schedules and a different environment from their training, physicians may slip into behavior that is inappropriate--even viewed as abusive and uncooperative.
We solve the many varieties of this problem by helping the physician understand the impact of their thinking and behavior through 360 assessments of people who work with them. Then, though coaching and customized individual training, new thinking and behavior is developed into sound communication and work relationships. While the problems seem big in many cases, basic changes in understanding and the development of small, new habits lead to dramatic improvements. You can read about this on the articles page--An Insider's Look at Physician Coaching: Simple Changes, Dramatic Improvements.
Conflicts and strong differences of opinion are an inevitable part of any group. Many conflicts can be avoided without papering over differences of opinion. In fact, the question is not how to eliminate or avoid differences, but to make these differences productive so that decisions are made, everyone feels they were part of the decision (as appropriate), and there is agreement that a fair process has been used.
Once the parties to a conflict are unable to reach an amicable agreement on their own or are unable to work together effectively, it's time to bring in a neutral, experienced third party who can help them see beyond their current anger and differences to a practical solution.
Our approach uses creative problem solving tools and processes to help everyone involved see the limits of their current thinking, separate themselves from their current stories about the other party, and start to see opportunities for resolution and change.
Your group would benefit from facilitation if
- Your group is stuck in a problem
- Needs practice in working together and making sure everyone is heard and no one dominates
- Would benefit from new brainstorming tools and processes
- Is trying to innovate or come up with new ideas
- Is doing strategic planning and doesn't want to get bogged down in arguments and the same old struggles
Learn more about Physician Coaching Services
© 2015 by Beard Avenue for Physician Coaching Services
Coaching for Disruptive Behavior
Executive Coaching PLUS
Executive Coaching PLUS
Coaching for Disruptive Behavior